1. Right, we keep in touch by writing to each other .
A. normally B. absolutely C. actually D. regularly
2. (2013·成都模拟)He early the next morning, finding the brook(小溪) by one foot.
A. raised; was raised B. rose; had risen
C. had risen; has risen D. arose; had risen
3. (2013·龙岩模拟) in the newspaper, I didn’t notice what was happening.
A. To be buried B. Burying
C. Having buried D. Buried
4. (原创) tablet computers like Apple’s iPad just before bed, a research says recently, can lead to poor night sleep.
A. Using B. Used
C. To be used D. Use
5. On hearing the news that Li Na entered the quarterfinals(四分之一决赛), the fans hardly down.
A. set B. calmed C. put D. took
6. (2013·北京模拟)—Why was Jackson searching shop after shop for a sweater?
—Oh, he was very about his clothes.
A. particular B. special
C. curious D. unusual
7. As we all know, real friendship is more than money.
A. reasonable B. popular
C. amazing D. valuable
8. (2013·厦门模拟)I don’t know for sure how many people would like to settle here—it is a(n) of personal preference. A. affair B. event C. taste D. matter
9. (2013·台州模拟)—Do you think that the 30th Olympic Games were a success?
—Yes, ! It couldn’t be .
A. relatively; better
B. approximately; worse
C. absolutely; better
D. fortunately; worse
10. (2013·济南模拟)—I am late, for there is too much traffic on my way to school.
—Oh, . Don’t lie!
A. take your time B. come on
C. don’t worry D. take it easy
11. Jack is very to enter a university he loves, and what’s more he wins a scholarship.
A. calm B. fortunate C. keen D. confident
12. The plan just because people were unwilling to cooperate.
A. put down B. pulled down
C. turned down D. broke down
13. It’s reported that many countries in the world China’s great development in the past twenty years.
A. admire B. accept C. admit D. afford
14. (2013·厦门模拟)Billy kept asking his mother if he could go to the movies and she .
A. gave way to B. gave up
C. gave way D. gave away