Tom grows the nicest vegetables and fruits and the most beautiful flowers in the village. Plants grow in Tom’s garden all through the __1__ and they are much __2__.
Tom cuts some flowers for his sitting room table, eats some fruits and vegetables, but he __3__ most of them in the market. His vegetables, fruit and flowers are so __4__ and beautiful that they sold much more __5__ in the market than those of other villagers.
How does Tom grow these beautiful things? He is so __6__ that he just sits under his orange tree with his radio.
He __7__ the music all day.
That is quite true. Tom __8__ things in spring, summer, autumn and winter. After that he sits with his radio. And everything __9__. It is the music that does the work. Tom knows more clearly that music makes the biggest vegetables and the most beautiful flowers. Plants love __10__ as much as people.
1. A. week B. month C. season D. year
2. A. better B. worse C. less D. later
3. A. buys B. sells C. borrows D. lends
4. A. dear B. bad C. big D. small
5. A. politely B. quickly C. slowly D. carefully
6. A. angry B. busy C. tired D. lazy
7. A. listens to B. hears C. watches D. speaks
8. A. fills B. plants C. throws D. makes
9. A. does B. moves C. grows D. plays名师点评
7. A。表示听音乐这一动作应用listen to 。
10.A. work B. rain C. stories D. music
Nasreddin was a poor man, so he tried to grow __1__ he could in his own garden, so that he would not have to buy so many in the market.
One evening he heard a noise in his garden and looked out of the window. A white ox had got into the garden and __2__ his vegetables. Nasreddin at once took his stick, ran out and chased the ox, but he was too old to catch it. When he got back to his garden, he found that the ox had ruined most of his precious vegetables.
__3__, while he __4__ in the street near his house, he saw a cart with two white oxen which looked very much like the one that __5__ his vegetables. He was carrying his stick with him, __6__ he at once began to beat the two oxen with it. As neither of them looked more like the ox that had eaten his vegetables than the other, he beat both of them equally hard.
The owner of the ox and cart was drinking coffee in a __7__ coffee-house. When he saw __8__ Nasreddin was doing __9__ his animals, he ran out and shouted, “What are you doing? What have those poor animals done to you for you to beat them like that?”
“You keep out this!” Nasreddin shouted back, “This is a matter between me and one of these two oxen. He knows very well __10__ I am beating him!”
1. A. so many vegetables B. many vegetables
C. as many as vegetables D. as many vegetables as
2. A. was eating B. ate C. had eaten D. has eaten
3. A. Next day B. Next morning
C. Last morning D. The next morning
4. A. walks B. waked C. was walking D. walking
5. A. ruined B. had eaten C. ate D. had ruin
6. A. so B. and C. but D. or
7. A. beside B. nearby C. near D. near by
8. A. that B. which C. why D. what
9. A. for B. to C. with D. on
10.A. reason B. when C. why D. because
1.D。习惯用语as many as possible 意为“尽可能多的”合乎文意，为正确选项。
2.A。过去进行时强调过去正在进行的动作，根据文意Nasreddin看到牛正在吃蔬菜，故选 was eating 。
3.D。指过去某一天的第一天或第二天早上、晚上，应用the next day/morning/evening。 故应选The next morning 。
4.C。在从句动作进行的过程中，主句动作发生了，这时从句常用进行时态，故选择was walking 。
9.B。do sth. to sb.结构中to后面常接动作的对象。
10.C。牛主人问及Nasreddin打牛的原因，这里需要一个引导词引导 knew的宾语从句，且在从句中作状语，根据上文可知这里应填 why。
Someone says, “Time is money.” But I think time is __1__ important than money. Why? Because when money is spent, we can get it back. However, when time is 2 it’ll never 3 . That’s 4 we mustn’t waste time.
It goes without saying that the 5 is usually limited. Even a second is very important. We should make full use of our time to do 6__ useful.
But it is a pity that there are a lot of people who do not know the importance of time. They spent their limited time smoking, drinking and __7 . They do not know that wasting time means wasting part of their own __8 .
In a word, we should save time. We shouldn’t 9 today’s work for tomorrow. Remember we have no time to 10 .
1. A. much B. less C. much less D. even more
2. A. cost B. bought C. gone D. finished
3. A. return B. carry C. take D. bring
4. A. what B. that C. because D. why
5. A. money B. time C. day D. food
6. A. nothing B. something C. anything D. everything
7. A. reading B. writing C. playing D. working
8. A. time B. food C. money D. life
9. A. stop B. leave C. let D. give
10. A. lose B. save C. spend D. take
1.D。该句中多音节形容词important的比较级应是 more important ，用even来修饰比较级，故选 even more important。
7.C。该句列举了一些人浪费时间的例子，四个选项中只有playing能和smoking, drinking 相提并论，故选playing。
Food is very important. Everyone needs to __1__ well if he or she wants to have a strong body. Our minds also need a kind of food. This kind of food is __2__. We begin to get knowledge even __3__ we are very young. Small children are __4__ in everything around them. They learn __5__ while they are watching and listening. When they are getting older, they begin to __6__ story books, science books…, anything they like. When they find something new, they love to ask questions and __7__ to find out answers. What is the best __8__ to get knowledge? If we learn by ourselves, we will get __9__ knowledge. If we are __10__ getting answers from others and do not ask why, we will never learn well. When we study in the right way, we will learn more and understand better.
1. A. sleep B. read C. drink D. eat
2. A. sport B. exercise C. knowledge D. meat
3. A. until B. when C. after D. so
4. A. interested B. interesting C. weak D. better
5. A. everything B. something C. nothing D. anything
6. A. lend B. read C. learn D. write
7. A. try B. have C. refuse D. wait
8. A. place B. school C. way D. road
9. A. little B. few C. many D. the most
10. A. often B. always C. usually D. something
4.A。小孩对知识的接受主要依靠于他们对事物产生的兴趣，词组be interested in sth 表示“对……感兴趣”，而interesting用来形容令人感兴趣的事物，故选择interested。
5.B。孩子们在耳听眼观的过程中经常会学到一些东西。everything过于绝对化 ，nothing、anything 不合文意，应选 something。
10.B。be always doing sth 意为“总是干某事”。
Who designed (设计) the first helicopter (直升飞机)? Who __1__ of the most famous pictures in the world? Who knew more about the human body than most __2__? There is an answer __3__ all these questions --- Leonardo de Vinci (达芬奇).
Leonardo may have been the greatest genius (天才) __4__ have ever known. He lived in Italy around the year 1500, but many of his inventions seem modern to us today. For example, one of his notebooks has drawings of a helicopter. Of course, he couldn’t __5__ a helicopter with the things he had. But scientists say his idea would have worked.
But Leonardo __6__ an inventor. He was one of the greatest artists of his day. By the time he was twenty years old, he was called a master ( 大师) painter, and as he got older he became __7__ more famous. Sometimes he drew a hand ten different ways __8__ he was ready to paint.
Many of Leonardo’s wonderful paintings are still with __9__ today. You may know one of his most famous works the __10__ woman known as the Mona Lisa.
1. A. took B. made C. painted D. invented
2. A. artists B. doctors C. painters D. people
3. A. to B. of C. for D. from
4. A. the scientists B. the artists C. the world D. people
5. A. draw B. paint C. work D. build
6. A. was just B. wasn’t just C. wasn’t D. was no longer
7. A. less B. no C. even D. very
8. A. before B. after C. because D. when
9. A. him B. us C. them D. you
10. A. interesting B. crying C. smiling D. surprising
3.A。介词to常表示一一对应的关系，“问题的答案”习惯表达为an answer to a question。
4.D。达芬奇应是世人所知道的天才中最伟大的人，the world 一般指每个人，相当于第三人称单数，故people为正确选项。
6.B。这一句起承上启下的作用，意为“达芬奇不仅仅是一名发明家”，故选择 wasn’t just。
Many people think that Americans 1 their cars almost more than anything else. When 2__ people are fourteen years old, they want to have their __3_ cars. They don’t ask for a car from their 4__. So many of them work in _5_ time during their last year of high school to buy a car. Learning to 6 _ and getting a driver’s license may be one of the most exciting things in a young person’s life.
Some people almost 7 _ go to a doctor when they are ill. But they will __8_ their cars to a garage as soon as they think there is a 9 . On Saturdays or Sundays some people may 10 most of their time washing and repairing their cars.
1. A. prefer B. love C. drive D. play
2. A. little B. big C. old D. young
3. A. new B. own C. expensive D. cheap
4. A, friends B. teachers C. parents D. brothers
5. A. free B. busy C. study D. good
6. A. make B. mend C. wash D. drive
7. A. always B. never C. often D. usually
8. A. take B. carry C. pull D. lift
9. A. question B. wrong C. mistake D. problem
10. A. cost B. get C. spend D. use
1. B。通过下文的事例不难看出美国人对汽车不是一般的喜欢，故用love it，较贴近文章的意思。
8. A。carry应为“搬运”，push 为“推”，lift 意思为“举，提起”都不合文意，take sth. to 某地，意为“把……带到……”。
9. D。只能选择一个名词, 表示汽车的“故障,毛病”, 故选problem。
10. C。spend some time doing sth.为一个固定搭配，意为“花时间干某事”。