1. ---Please help yourself to the seafood.
A. No, I can’t.
B. Sorry, I can’t help.
C. Well, seafood don’ t suit her.
D. Thanks, but I don’t like the seafood.
2. ---Would you like to go to the concert with us this evening?
---__________ A. No, I already have plans.
B. I’ d love to, but I’m busy tonight.
C. No, I already don’t like being with you.
D. I’m ill, so I shouldn’t go out.
3. ---Congratulations! You won the first prize in today’ s speech contest
A. Yes, I beat the others. B. No, no, I didn’t do it well.
C. Thank you. D. It’s a pleasure.
4. ---Must I take a taxi?
---No, you _______________. You can take my car.
A. had better to B. don’t
C. must not D. don’t have to
5. ---We are going to have a sing party tonight. Would you like to join us? ---_________
A. I’m afraid not, because I have to go to an important meeting.
B. Of course not. I have no idea.
C. No, I can’t.
D. That’s all set.
Laws have been written to govern the use of American National Flag, and to ensure proper respect for the flag. Custom has also governed the common practice in regard to its use. All the armed services have precise regulations on how to display the national flag. This y vary somewhat from the general rules. The national flag should be raised and lowered by hand. Do not raise the flag while it is folded. Unfold the flag first, and then hoist it quickly to the top of the flagpole. Lower it slowly and with dignity. Place no objects on or over the flag. Do not use the flag as part of a costume or athletic uniform. Do not print it upon cushions, handkerchiefs, paper napkins or boxes. A federal law provides that the traderk cannot be registered if it comprises the flag, or badgers of the US. When the flag is used to unveil a statue or monument, it shouldn’t serve as a covering of the object to be unveiled. If it is displayed on such occasions, do not allow the flag to fall to the ground, but let it be carried high up in the air to form a feature of the ceremony. Take every precaution to prevent the flag from soiled. It should not be allowed to touch the ground or floor, nor to brush against objects. (227 words)
6. How do Americans ensure proper respect for the national flag? ________
A. By king laws. B. By enforcing discipline.
C. By educating the public. D. By holding ceremonies.
7. What is the regulation regarding the raising of the American National Flag? _________ 升美国国旗有何规定?应该快速用手升起
A. It should be raised by soldiers.
B. It should be raised quickly by hand.
C. It should be raised only by Americans.
D. It should be raised by mechanical means.
8. How should the American National Flag be displayed at an unveiling ceremony? 揭幕仪式上应该如何使用国旗?应该悬挂在空中.
A. It should be attached to the status.
B. It should be hung from the top of the monument.
C. It should be spread over the object to be unveiled.
D. It should be carried high up in the air.
9. What do we learn about the use of the American National Flag?
A. There has been a lot of controversy over the use of flag.
B. The best athletes can wear uniforms with the design of the flag.
C. There are precise regulations and customs to be followed.
D. Americans can print the flag on their cushions or handkerchiefs.
10. What is Americans’ attitude towards their National Flag?
A. Arbitrary B. Respect. C. Happy D. Brave.
It has been reported that in colleges across the United States, the daytime serial dra known as the soap opera has suddenly become “in”. Between the hours of 11 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., college television lounges are filled with soap opera fans who can’t wait to see the next episode in the lives of their favorite characters.
Actually, soaps are more than a college favorite; they’re a youth favorite. When school is out, high-school students are in front of their TV sets. One young working won admitted that she turned down a higher paying job rather than give up watching her favorite serials. During the 1960’s, it was uncommon for young people to watch soap operas. The mood of the sixties was very different from now. It was a time of seriousness, and talk was about social issues of great importance.
Now, seriousness has been replaced by fun. Young people want to be happy. It y seem strange that they should turn to soap opera, which is known for showing trouble in people’s lives. But soap opera is enjoyment. Young people can identify with the soap opera character, who, like the college-age viewer, is looking for happy love, and probably not finding it. And soap opera gives young people a chance to feel close to people without having to bear any responsibility fir their problems. (226 words)
11. What is soap opera?
A. Plays based on science fiction stories.
B. Plays based on non-fiction stories.
C. The daytime serial dras on TV.
D. Popular documentary films on TV.
12. What can be the best title of the passage?
A. College student viewers.
B. Favorite TV serials.
C. Soap opera fans.
D. College-age viewers.
13. Which is NOT the reason why the soap opera has suddenly become “in” among American
A. Because the viewers want to be happy and to enjoy themselves.
B. because the soap opera kes young people feel close to their people
C. Because the viewers can find themselves in the soap opera characters.
D. Because the young people have to bear the responsibilities for their troubles.
14. What can we learn from the passage?
A. College students like soap operas more than any other social groups.
B. Young people of sixties liked soap operas more than people today.
C. Young viewers have turned themselves from the seriousness of sixties to enjoyment now.
D. The young as a whole are trying to look for happy love but in vain.
15. What message does the author want to convey to us?
A. The people’s favorites to dra works have been changed for a long time.
B. The people’s favorites to dra works change along with the times.
C. The people’s favorites to dra works is changed by the soap opera.
D. The people’s favorites have changed the dra works.
16. It’ s time we _______ the lecture because everybody has arrived.
A. will start B. shall start C. start D. started
17. _________ these honors he received a sum of money.
A. Except B. But C. Besides D. Outside
18. Would you let _________ to the park with my classte, Mum?
A. me go B. me going C. I go D. I going
19.Therefore, other things ________ equal, the number of workers that employers want decreases.
A. is B. are C. being D. having
20. I have been looking forward to ________ from my parents.
A. hear B. being beard C. be beard D. hearing
C、D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 from the printed papers sold on streets. 越来越多的老师和家长已经注意到了另一种污染，即随街叫卖的印刷品。
These printed things look like newspaper but have hardly anything to do with them. You can only find reading terial are too strange for anyone to believe, are frightening stories of something even worse. However, ny of the young students are getting absorbed in such poisonous reading, which costs them what they should pay is left undone, daily games lost. 这些印刷品看起来像报纸，但几乎和报纸粘不上边。你看到的只是胡编乱造的文章-有些离奇得让人难以置信，有些是更糟糕的恐怖故事。然而，许多学生却迷上了这种有毒文章，他们花早餐钱去买这些印刷品，而带给他们的却只有噩梦和不健康的思想。家庭作业不做，日常锻炼丧失。
These sellers shout on streets selling their papers well. The writers, publishers and printers, ’s stories seem to have been forgotten once again. 这些卖报者在街上叫卖，生意不错。这些作者、出版商和印刷者，我们不知道他们是谁，正默默地赚着他们的钱。披着羊皮的狼的故事似乎又一次被遗忘了。
forbid it, the more they want to have a look at it. Sometimes you y even find several children nature. 学校为什么不禁止这种读物?是的，老师和家长都互相要求更严格监控这些小读者。不幸的是，你越想禁止，他们就越想看。有时你甚至发现好几个孩子争着看一张由于好奇心而传来传去的破报纸。
It really does harm to our society. It has already formed a sort of moral pollution. The 这种读物确实对我们的社会是有害的。它已经形成了一种道德污染。担忧着的老师和家长需要更有力的支持。同时，这些小读者需要更多有趣的读物来帮助他们摆脱这些不健康的读物。
21. A. it B. that C. which D. this pollution
22. A. de of B. de up C. de from D. de in
23. A. the others B. others C. the other D. some others
24. A. as B. in C. for D. from
25. A. however B. whoever C. whichever D. however
26. A. warned B. advised C. persuaded D. asked
27. A. if B. the more C. one D. one only
28. A. the others B. some others C. another D. others
29. A. puzzled B. disappointed C. anxious D. worried
30. A. destroy B. throw away C. fight against D. get rid of
31. There is a large amount of energy wasted due to friction. 由于摩擦而损耗了大量的能量。
32. This place has plentiful terial resources. 这个地方的物质资源是丰富的。
33. Various substances differ widely in their gnetic characteristics.
Help Me to Buy a Spoken English Book
Help Me to Buy a Spoken English Book
Dear Li Hua,
It’s long time since we haven’t seen each other. I miss you very much. How’s everything going on with you? I am busy preparing for PETS 4.
I was wondering if you could help me buy PETS 4 English oral textbook published by the Beijing Press, because the books were sold out here.
Drop in when you are free. I often think of those happy days we spent together at University. Please let me know as soon as possible once you get the book.
My best wishes.
一. 交际用语 1- 5 DBCDA
CCDCB 26-30 DBCDD 11-15