本文提供全新版大学英语综合教程第二版第一至四册课后习题答案及课文翻译，以及提供全新版大学英语综合教程 第二版 第一册 课后答案【完整版】请选择您需要的资料：
全新版大学英语综合教程 第二版 第一册 课后答案【完整版】
Unit 1 Growing Up
Part II Language Focus
5. hold back
7. off and on
11. turn in
1. has been assigned to the newspaper’s Paris office.
2. was so extraordinary that I didn’t know whether to believe him or not.
3. a clear image of how she would look in twenty years’ time.
4. gave the command the soldiers opened fire.
5. buying bikes we’ll keep turning them out.
1. reputation, rigid, to inspire
2. and tedious, What’s more, out of date ideas
3. compose, career, avoid showing, hardly hold back
7. was violating
8. in, in
Comprehensive Exercises Cloze
1. hold back
6. off and on
7. turn out/in
1. As it was a formal dinner party, I wore formal dress, as Mother told me to.
2. His girlfriend advised him to get out of/get rid of his bad habit of smoking before it took hold.
3. Anticipating that the demand for electricity will be high during the next few months, they have decided to increase its production.
4. It is said that Bill has been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules. /Bill is said to have been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules.
5. It is reported that the government has taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. /The local government is reported to have taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage.
Susan lost her legs because of / in a car accident. For a time, she didn’t know how to face up to the fact that she would never (be able to) walk again. One day, while scanning (through) some magazines, a true story caught her eye /she was attracted by a true story. It gave a vivid description of how a disabled girl became a writer. Greatly inspired, Susan began to feel that she, too, would finally be bale to lead a useful life.
1. Fill in the gaps with words or phrases given in the box.
3) every now and then
4) are urging/ urged
7) hangs out
8) right away
10) or something
12) going ahead
1) It seemed that his failure in the examination was still on his mind.
2) He was completely choked up by the sight of his team losing in the final minutes of the game.
3) She was so lost in study that she forgot to have dinner.
4) Something has come up and I am afraid I won’t be able to accomplish the project on time.
5) The cost of equipping the new hospital was estimated at $2 million.
3. Complete the sentences.
1) were postponed the awful is estimated
2) reference not available an kind of
3) not much of a teacher skips go ahead
6. to on
1. more or less
2. kind of/ sort of
4. kind of/ sort of
5. more or less
6. or something
1) choked up
1. Translate the sentences.
1) Half an hour had gone by, but the last bus hadn’t come yet. We had to walk home.
2) Mary seems to be very worried about the Chinese exam because she hasn’t learned the texts by heart.
3) Since the basketball match has been postponed, we might as well visit the museum.
4) He stayed in Australia with his parents all the way through WWⅡ.
5) Since I graduated from Nanjing University in 1985, I have kind of lost touch with my classmates.
2. Translate the passage.
It is not easy to keep in touch with friends far away. This is true in my case.
It has been a couple of years since I left my old neighborhood and all the friends there. I have been meaning to write to them but things come up and I just don’t seem to find the time. They are always on my mind, however, and I think I will certainly make an effort to keep up correspondence with them in the future.