阳光网【大学英语答案】 编辑：admin 发布时间：2017-04-05
新视野大学英语(第3版)第三册 Unit 5课后答案：
1. switch 2. decay 3. secured 4. loose 5. slid
6. privileges 7. interval 8. outline 9. preceding 10. shallow
1. reached for 2. feel for 3. trying to avoid breathing 4. so that
5. managed to accomplish 6. sense my thoughts 7. provide for
8. spared me 9. read about 10. go about
N I K G M L A F C D
1. pain 2. fear 3. tension 4. mind 5. stress
6. crisis 7. anger 8. anxiety 9. signs 10. hunger
1. growth: the act of growing or developing; physical or natural development
2. warmth: the state or quality of being warm; warm-heartedness and kindness
3. depth: the distance from the top to the bottom of something
4. truth: the state or quality of being true; the actual facts or reality of something
5. length: the measurement of how long something is in size
6. breadth: the distance from one side of something to the other
7. width: the distance from one side of something to the other; the quality of being wide
8. death: the state of being dead
1. exposure 2. failures 3. disclosure 4. pressure
5. mountaineers 6. closure 7. profiteers 8. seizure
1. did he realize that the task was a little too difficult for the new secretary to finish on her own
2. did Mary stop weeping
3. will all the employees know the result of their performance evaluation
4. did she become aware how hard it was for her mother to have brought up her sister and her on her own
5. did I get to know what happened in the end to the main characters
1. Having finished their morning work, the clerks stood up behind their desk, stretching themselves.
2. The secretary worked late into the night, preparing a speech for the President.
3. Seeing no prospect of success, we quitted the attempt to climb the mountain.
4. Knowing that they were going traveling, the students began to make preparation.
5. Having been found guilty, the man was given a severe sentence by the judge.
1. Not until he saw his mother lying in bed, dying, did he realize how much he loved her.
2. Taking into account of his recent physical condition, I think he has done quite well in the exam.
3. Mrs. Clark lies in bed motionless, and I wondered briefly if she is still alive.
4. The building was darkened except for a single light burning in a third-storey window.
5. These soldiers have received very strict training and are well equipped to fulfill the new task.
6. He reached for the phone, picked it up, and dialed the hotel’s number.
1 B 2 C 3 B 4 A 5 D 6 B 7 D 8 A 9 C 10 A 11 C 12 A 13 C
14 B 15 A 16 D 17 D 18 A 19 B 20 A