新视野大学英语第2版 第1册 Unit5课后答案和翻译
1. immune 2. acquire 3. constitutes 4. define 5. infected, infect
6. illustrates 7. emerge 8. emphasize 9. represents 10. threatened
1. regardless of 2. at risk 3. handing out 4. distracts…from 5. sign up for
6. be infected with 7. guard against 8. feel comfortable with/about 9. in place of
10. suffering from
V. 1.L 2.G 3.I 4.J 5.M 6.D 7.O 8.A 9.C 10.F
1. the way he teaches English
2. whom I was expecting to stay with
3. which was lost in the department store yesterday
4. where Mary and I spent our childhood
5. which the whole family considered a great honor
1. Despite his illness
2. Despite a lot of difficulties
3. despite his old age
4. despite the bad weather
5. despite his hard work
1. I hope that the effort that we’ve made will be of some use to the battle against AIDS.
2. Despite all the efforts form the local organizations in the battle against AIDS, the number of people in rural areas diagnosed with AIDS has been increasing.
3. Please turn off the TV, because the noise will distract her from her homework.
4. It was a long time before the company implemented the program to improve the quality of its goods because of lack of money and necessary equipment.
5. You’d better learn something about the course before signing up for it.
6. The policy is playing a more and more important role in promoting the development of local economy.
1.C 2.C 3.A 4.B 5.C 6.A 7.B 8.C 9.B 10.B
11.A 12.C 13.A 14.C 15.C
Build more tall apartment buildings. The increase in population in cities is creating a housing problem. To solve the problem, one-family houses and older ones are being pulled down to make room for tall apartment buildings. When building space on the ground is used up, we can make use of the space in the air. This will help solve the housing problem in cities.
1. 1) I hurt myself when diving
2) I hit my head on the board
2. 1) I was very worried about something serious.
2) I was very worried that my wound had left blood in the pool.
3. 1) There was something more significant that winning.
2) I was very worried that I might infect other divers with AIDS as I spilled my blood in the pool.
Comprehension of the Text
II. 1.D 2.D 3.B 4.C 5.C 6.B 7.D 8.D
1. assist 2. bleeding 3.competing 4. confident 5. explored 6. commenced
7. intense 8. adopted 9. spill 10. confused
1. Prior of →Prior to 2. confident with →confident of/in 3. by haste →in haste 4. find about→find out 5. assist his wife on →assist his wife with 6. with fear→for fear 7. competed with each other with →competed with each other for 8. thrust his knife to →thrust his knife into 9. have a shot in →have a shot at 10. starts at →starts with