Rosa liked making up stories. She was so __1__ that her classmates believed her from time to time. In fact, the whole class believed her! At first she supposed it was __2__. Now, as she got up to __3__ before the class, She knew that make –believe stories had some way of coming back to make you sad.
Rosa’s parents were separated. Nine months out of the year, Rosa lived with her mother in an apartment on Anderson Street. But when summer __4__, she went to her father’s farm in Arizona.
The farm was great! Rosa rode horses and __5__ with some farm work. Her father, however, was so __6__ that he couldn’t find time to go places with her. When she arrived each summer, her father would __7__ her at the airport and take her out to eat. And the day she went back to the __8__ he would always buy her a present.
When summer came to a close, Rosa __9__ to her mother. At school she heard lots of stories her friends told about their family trips. Rosa wished she had a __10__ to talk about.
Not long after __11__ began, Rosa was looking through travel magazines in the school library. They talked about many exciting __12__, like England and Germany. When Rosa’s friends asked what she had done that summer, she made up something that was not __13__. Remembering the travel magazines she had looked at, she told her classmates that she and her father had gone to __14__.
When the class began studying England, Mr. Thomas asked Rosa to tell all the things she could __15__ about her trip to England!
1. A. afraid B. worried C. sure D. happy
2. A. joke B. fun C. turn D. game
3. A. talk B. teach C. show D. travel
4. A. passed B. arrived C. lasted D. changed
5. A. made B. played C. helped D. did
6. A. weak B. pleased C. busy D. lonely
7. A. show B. visit C. meet D. send
8. A. farm B. city C. family D. school
9. A. wrote B. called C. moved D. returned
10. A. family B. school C. teacher D. farm
11. A. meeting B. school C. summer D. talk
12. A. people B. cities C. languages D. places
13. A interesting B. true C. long D. same
14. A. England B. Germany C. farm D. home
15. A. think B. see C. remember D. read
5. C。help with sth. 意为“帮助干些事情”。
9. D。根据文意暑假结束了，罗莎要返回到妈妈身边。故选 returned.