Talking about dates 谈论日期
1.What’s the date today? 今天是几号?
2. Today is November first,nineteen sixty-three. 今天是一九六三年十一月一号。
3. When were you born? 你是什么时候出生的?
4. I was born on November first,nineteen thirty-five. 我是一九三五年十一月一日出生.
5. Today is my birthday. 今天是我的生日。
5. My sister was born in nineteen thirty-eight. 我的妹妹是一九三八年出生的。
6. I don’t know the exact date. 我不知道确切的日子。
7. Where were you born? 你出生在什么地方?
8. I was born in a little town not far from here. 我出生在离这儿不远的`小城市里。
9. What do you know about the tenth century? 有关十世纪的事你知道些什么?
10. I don’t know anything about that. 关于那个我什么都不知道。
11. Let’s talk about something else. 让我们谈点别的什么吧。
12. Where were you during the month of April last year? 去年四月份你在哪里?
13. I don’t remember where I was then. 我不记得那时我在哪里。
14. Where will you be nest year at this time? 明年这个时候你将在哪里?
Asking For Help 寻求帮助
1. Would you please open the door for me? 请你帮忙开个门好吗?
2. May I ask you a question? 我能问你个问题吗?
3. Please give me a hand. 请帮我个忙。 319. Could you do me a favor? 能请你帮个忙吗?
4. Would you help me remove the refrigerator? 能帮忙移一下冰箱吗?
5. Get me my coat, please. 请帮我拿下外套。
6. Make me a cup of coffee, will you? 给我冲杯咖啡，好吗?
7. Call me tomorrow if you have time. 明天要有时间就给我打个电话。
8. Could you tell me where I can find these books? 您能告诉我在哪儿能找到这些书吗?
9. Certainly. 当然了。 326. Witch pleasure. 很高兴。
10. I'm sorry. I'm engaged now. 对不起，我现在正忙着。
11. I'm glad to, but I'm afraid I don't have the time. 我很乐意，但我恐怕没时间。
12. Would you mind closing the window for me? 能帮我关一下窗户吗?(你介意关下窗户吗?)
13. Not at all. 当然可以。(当然不介意)
14.Getting information and directions 打听情况和问路
15. Excuse me, madam. Could you tell me where the post office is? 对不起，女士，请问邮局在哪里?
16. It's just around the corner. 转弯就是。
17. Excuse me, how can I get to the bus station? 对不起，汽车站怎么走?
18. You can take the bus and get off at the second stop. 你可以坐公共汽车第二站下。
19. Excuse me. Where is No.5 Street? 对不起，第五大街在哪儿?
20. Go straight ahead and turn left at the second crossing. 一直往前走，在第二个十字路口往左拐。
21. Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get to Mr. Hu's restaurant? 对不起，你能告诉我怎么去胡先生的餐馆吗?
22. Go on for about 100 meters. It's on your left side. You can't miss it. 往前走约100米，在你左手边，你不会错过的。
23. Which one is Mr. Jame's office? 哪间是詹姆司先生的办公室?
24. It's Room 201 on the second floor. 二楼201房间。
25. Can I use the lift? 我能用电梯吗?
26. Sorry, it's broken. You have to use the stairs. 对不起，它坏了，你只能走楼梯了。
27. Where are the stairs? 楼梯在哪里呢?
28. Go along the corridor and it's on your right side. 沿着走廊走，在你右手边。
29. Thank you for directions. 感谢你为我指路。