Martin Henfield talks about some of his experience(经历) as a twin: when we were small my mother dressed us __1_ the same clothes. That was bad enough and we didn’t like it. But we went on our first camping trip, it was even __2__. We were only ten years old, and while __3_ went into their sleeping bags for the _4__, we were not happy to snuggle(偎依) inside a double sleeping bag my mother made for us.
At school our classmates __5__us Henfield One and Henfield Two, so people ___6__ even see our difference according to our initials because __7__ of us were M.O. It was only when I went to _8___ and began to have my own friends that I started to feel my own freedom of identity(身份).
Before I went to college, during my secondary school __9__, I __10__ to a job on a building site. My twin brother, Mike Henfield, didn’t work. One day I asked my boss, “Can I have a week _11__?” “Certainly,” he said, “but you won’t have the job when you 12__ back.” I didn’t want to __13__ the job. So on Monday morning, Mike went there in my _14__, jacket and hat and he worked for me for one week __15___ of them knew the difference.
1. A. in B. for C. on D. with
2. A. badder B. worse C. good D. better
3. A. all boys B. another boy
C. all the other boys D. all the boys
4. A. day B. holiday C. night D. mid-night
5. A. called B. knew C. told D. made
6. A. didn’t B. needn’t C. mustn’t D. couldn’t
7. A. very B. each C. both D. all
8. A. middle school B. college C. high school D. school
9. A. holidays B. week C. weekend D. holiday
10. A. received B. got C. find D. made
11. A. off B. free C. on D. back
12. A. came B. will get C. got D. are
13. A. miss B. lose C. lost D. losing
14. A. coat B. shirt C. shoes D. trousers
15. A. None B. Nobody C. All D. Each
1. A。“给某人穿(衣服)”应为dress sb. in。
2. B 根据下文可知野营中的情况比平时更糟糕.。
3. C。the other加名词复数表示“剩余的所有的人”。
5. A。“称呼某人……”用call sb. …。
7. C。根据后面的系动词were, 应用both表复数。
8. B。根据上下文可知, 直到大学, 这种情况才有所改变。
10. B。“找到一份工作”可用get/find a job, 但此处应用过去时。
11. A。have a week off 休息一个星期。
When the boys 1 home, it was eleven o’clock. It was dark 2 but there was a light inside their home and the door 3 . They could see a man inside.
“Who can 4 be? ” Said Peter. “Mother and Father 5 to do some 6 . They won’t be home 7 eight o’clock. ”
When the man saw Peter, he looked 8 . Then he smiled and said. “Come in! You don’t know me, but I’m a friend of 9 .” The man didn’t see John.
Peter went inside and began 10 to the man but John didn’t. He quickly but quietly ran off. He soon found a policeman and brought him back 11 home. The man was 12 there, but when he saw the policeman, he tried to run off. The policeman caught him 13 the arm. Just then the boys’ parents 14 .
“Is the man your friend?” The policeman asked Mr. Turner .
“No, he is a thief. He wanted to steal my money. 15 nice of you to catch him.”
1. A. reached B. arrived at C. goes to D. reached to
2. A. out of B. outside C. outsides D. inside
3. A. opened B. was open C. was opened D. open
4. A. he B. she C. it D. that
5. A. have been B. have gone C. go D. went
6. A. shops B. shopping C. shoppings D. shop
7. A. until B. at C. to D. before
8. A. frightening B. fear C. frightened D. surprised
9. A. your father B. your father’s C. your motherD. your family
10. A. saying B. talking C. speaking D. telling
11. A. to B. to their C. their D. at
12. A. already B. always C. still D. yet
13. A. in B. on C. at D. by
14. A. returned B. returned back
C. had returned D. had returned back
15. A. It’s B. This’s C. This is D. So is
3. B。open的形容词还是open，故选 was open, 表状态，意为“敞开着的。
5. B。 have gone to 表示“去了，还没回来”，have been to 表示“曾经去过”。
6. B。do some shopping为固定搭配 。
8. C。frightened 表示人内心的恐慌和害怕，而frightening则表示某物或某事令人害怕。
9. B。a friend of one’s 表示“某人的一个朋友”。
10. B。talk to sb表示“和某人交谈”。而speak to sb, say to sb均表示“对某人讲”。
11. B。 home如果前面不加冠词或物主代词，它则是副词，不能加to。反之则是名词，必须加to。故选to their home。
13. D。catch sb by the arm表示“抓住某人的胳膊”。
14. A。由just then 可知这里应用一般过去时。
Half a year has gone by 1 we said goodbye to each other at the Kaitak airport (飞机场) . Except for 2 hurriedly written notes you have not written to any of your old 3 any letters 4 a few days. We are studying 5 a foreign university, but know 6 of what is going on about you.
Last night, John, Tom and I 7 a happy reunion (重聚) in dinner. It was all like the old high school 8 except that you were not in this get together. 9 we all felt 10 you. We then began to talk about you and wondered 11 at that moment. At last we 12 to your health.
What kind of life you are living in London? Is your school-work keeping you 13 ? And there are a thousand things we want to 14 . Please tell us.
My 15 regards (问候) , also John’s and Tom’s.
Your old friend,
1. A. since B. after C. before D. when
2. A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
3. A. classmates B. friends’ C. comrades’ D. masters’
4. A. in B. for C. with D. during
5. A. in B. at C. on D. to
6. A. something B. everything C. anything D. nothing
7. A. made B. started C. had D. did
8. A. time B. place C. days D. teaching
9. A. Suddenly B. But C. Or D. And
10. A. to miss B. in missing C. miss D . missing
11. A. what were you doing B. what you were doing
C. how were you doing D. how you were doing
12. A. drink B. drank C. had drunk D. was drinking
13. A. busy B. happy C. free D. sorry
14. A. understand B. hear C. see D. know
15. A. good B. better C. best D. well
2. D。a few和few均修饰可数名词，但few表否定。
5. A。in a university / at university均可以表示上大学，这里因为已有了a故选in，而不选at。
7. A。have a reunion为固定搭配。
10. D。feel doing something表示“感觉……”。
15. C。my best regards相当于my best wishes 。
“It’s over! Thank goodness!” school was 1 and I was tired. I 2 at the front of the school bus.
Janie, the driver, tries to 3 the uncomfortable atmosphere by striking the match of talks. I try to listen 4 , but usually I am too 5 thinking about my day. On this day, however, her talk was worth 6 .
“My father’s ill ,” she said to no one in particular(特别地). I could see worry in her 7 . I had never seen her like this before. She always meets students 8 a smile.
With a sudden change of interest, I asked, “ what’s wrong with him?”
With her eyes wet and her voice 9 , she answered, “Heart trouble.” Her eyes lowered as she continued. “I’ve already 10 my mum, so I don’t think I can stand losing him.” I couldn’t answer. My heart ached for her.
I sat on the 11 thinking of the great pain my own mother was thrown into when her father died. I saw how hard it was, and still is, for her. I wouldn’t want to anyone to go through that.
Suddenly I realized Janie wasn’t only a bus 12 , that was just her job. She had a whole world of family and cares 13 .
I suddenly 14 very selfish. I paid no attention to Janie because she was a bus driver. I had judged her by her job and brushed her off as unimportant.
I shouldn’t have been so selfish and self-centered. 15 people is an art.
1. A. in B. off C. over D. on
2. A. ran B. walked C. sat D. stood
3. A. rest B. break C. close D. open
4. A. polite B. rude C. politely D. quickly
5. A. busy B. free C. busily D. freely
6. A. looking at B. agreeing with C. talking to D. listening to
7. A. eyes B. face C. mouth D. ears
8. A. with B. within C. without D. for
9. A. usually B. usual C. unusual D. truly
10.A. remembered B. forgotten C. lost D. missed
11. A. seat B. house C. room D. desk
12. A. worker B. driver C. teacher D. doctor
13. A. also B. either C. too D. at all
14. A. felt B. feel C. thought D. was
15. A. Looking at B. Understanding C. Getting to know D. Watching
1. C。根据上下文Thank goodness、tired的提示，可知是放学了。
5. A。be busy doing表示“忙于做某事”。
8. A。with a smile 表示“面带笑容”。
13. C。too用于句末，also 用于句中，而either用于否定句句末。
Long ago there was a poor farmer called Fred. Fred and his wife, Doris lived 1 together in their small old house. One winter night, the Luck Fairy (仙女) visited them .
“Fred, you’re a 2 farmer. I’d like to give you a wish,” said the Luck Fairy.
“A wish?” Said Fred.
Fred and Doris smiled at each other. Then Fred said, “ Thank you , Luck Fairy. We’re very 3 and happy.”
“ 4 we’re old, we still work in the field every day,” said Doris.
“You wok very hard but you 5 very little money. Would you like some gold coins ” asked the Luck Fairy.
“Oh no , my dear Luck Fairy. We’re poor. But we have 6 food to eat.” Replied Fred.
“You can use the gold coin to buy some clothes. The winter here is very cold,” said Luck Fairy.
“Though we haven’t got 7 clothes, we’ve got enough,” said Doris.
“Well, what about a nice new house?” Asked Luck Fairy.
“Thank you, but I 8 my small old house very much. I’ve lived here since I was born. I don’t 9 a new house,” said Fred.
“You’re quite different from other people. I like you very much,” said the Luck Fairy. “I wish you happiness and Luck forever.” Then the Luck Fairy 10 and never came back.
1. A. sadly B. happily C. worried D. anxiously
2. A. bad B. lazy C. good D. unhelpful
3. A. healthy B. careful C. difficult D. important
4. A. If B. But C. Because D. Though
5. A. cost B. lose C. make D. borrow
6. A. no B. little C. enough D. expensive
7. A. old B. many C. bad D. clean
8. A. hate B. love C. need D. dislike
9. A. need B. see C. buy D. build
10. A. smiled B. nodded C. laughed D. disappeared
3. A。比较这四个词的意思不难发现与happy 并列的是healthy。
5. C。make money意思是“赚钱”。
10. D。根据never come back可知仙女消失了。
A thousand years ago, Hong Kong was covered by a thick forest. As more and more people came to 1 in Hong Kong, these trees were cut down and burnt. Now there is 2 forest left, though there are still some small areas(地方) covered with trees. We call these woods.
Elephants, tigers and many 3 animals were living in the thick forest. When people came to live in Hong Kong, the 4 began to die out. Early farmers grew rice and 5 pigs and chickens in the valleys. They cut down the trees and burnt them. They needed 6 to keep themselves warm in winter, to cook their food and to keep away the dangerous animals. Elephants quickly disappeared(消失) because there was not enough food for them. 7 did most of the wolves and tigers. Monkeys and many other animals soon 8 in the same way.
You might think that there are no longer any animals in Hong Kong 9 in the zoos. There are still about 36 different animals 10 there. One of the most interesting of Hong Kong’s animals is the barking deer. These are beautiful little animals 11 a rich brown coat and a white patch(补丁) under the tail. They look like deer 12 but they are much like a dog 13 . In Hong Kong the barking deer has only a real enemy(敌人)— 14 . People hunt these little animals though it is illegal(违法的). There are now not many barking deer left. So it is important 15 people to protect (保护) wild animals.
1. A. work B. study C. live D. enjoy
2. A. many B. a few C. no D. not
3. A. other B. others C. the other D. another
4. A. people B. animals C. plants D. things
5. A. grew B. made C. got D. kept
6. A. fire B. hotness C. heat D. stoves(炉子)
7. A. So B. Such C. As D. Nor
8. A. lived B. died C. came D. left
9. A. besides B. except C. and D. or
10. A. live B. to live C. lived D. living
11. A. have B. without C. with D. get
12. A. high B. higher C. short D. shorter
13. A. shouting B. crying C. barking D. talking
14. A. tigers B. men C. wolves D. elephants
15. A. to B. for C. like D. of
3. A。many other animals 表示其余的许多种动物，但不代表世界上所有的动物，故不选the other 。
5. D。keep 这里表示“饲养”，而grow意思是“种植”。
9. B。besides 表示“除了……还有……”，而except“除……之外”。故选except表示除了动物园其它地方就没有动物了。
10. D。There be sb./sth.+ doing 为固定搭配。
15. B。“It be + 形+for sb. + to do” 表示对某人来说做某事怎样(简单、困难、重要……)而of sb.表示人的性格或品质，如kind, bad, nice 等。