阳光大学生网【大学英语答案】 编辑：admin 发布时间：2014-01-05
Comprehension of the Text
1. His mother. Because she influenced his thoughts and attitudes toward life.
2. He learned from his mother that one should never quit.
3. The family was homeless, jobless and penniless with three babies waiting to be fed.
4. She quit school to find a job as a grocer and moved the family to live with her brother, Allen.
5. She discovered in him a talent for words.
6. Though very poor, she signed him up for a set of books for intermediate and advanced readers.
7. He worked as a reporter with the Baltimore Sun and later with The New York Times. He won the Pulitzer Prize.
8. No, she didn’t have the chance to know of it because her health collapsed, but she always believed in it.
1.ambitious 2.sympathize 3.tender 4.considering 5.corruption 6.scattered 7.intermediate 8.corresponding 9.equivalent 10.deceived
1.to 2.around 3.to/with 4.up 5.out 6.to 7.out 8.of 9.From 10.in
1.J 2.M 3.F 4.L 5,A 6.O 7.G 8.D 9.I 10.C
1. After working extra hours for several months, I have repaid the money to the bank.
2. I didn’t enjoy the story at first, but I came to like it when I reread it.
3. He replaced the book on the shelf when he finished it.
4. She is slowly regaining he strength after the accident.
5. The old city center was redesigned after the war.
6. She was asked toreconsider her decision to leave the job.
7. After the disaster the government spent millions of dollars helping the local people to reconstruct their homes.
8. The museum has such a fine set of old paintings that it is worth revisiting.
1. dishonest 2. discouraged 3. displeased 4. discontinued
5. disappearing 6. discharged 7. disclosed 8. dislike
1. I’ve made up my mind to marry him even if my mother objects.
2. She has problems finding a job even if she gets a Bachelor’s degree.
3. Even if you normally have good skin, some pats of the face may become dry during the winter.
4. The young man felt great sadness even if he did not find the words to express it.
5. Even if you don’t watch music programs, you’ve probably heard his songs.
1. The clearer a goal is , the easier it is to decide whether the goal is achievable.
2. The angrier I got, the less he said.
3. The larger the city is, the greater the increase in population is.
4. The longer they stick to their goal, the greater the chances of success are.
5. The more expensive the restaurant is, the better the food it serves.
1. I am sure that I will make something of myself, even though I have not achieved any major success so far.
2. I have been working hard for so many years; I feel I am entitled to a good future.
3. When her husband deserted her, leaving her with nothing but scattered pieces of life to pick up, she went insane.
4. From my standpoint, Mother was too hard on me then, without taking my feelings into account.
5. When I reached the summit of my professional career, mother's words "Never be a quitter in face of life" were constantly in my mind.
6. You should know better than to play football in the street.
1.B 2.D 3.B 4.A 5.D 6.B 7.C 8.A 9.D 10.C 11.A 12.B 13.A 14.C 15.D
Some people think that books are the main source of himan knowledge, summaries of what people have acquired in their struggle with nature and society. Moreover, with the rapid development of modern society, book knowledge is updated from time to time. For these people, books are everything.
However, book knowledge is not everything! Books can never cover all the things and happenings in the world. Book knowledge is only a recording of what has been discovered. There are many mysteries unsolved and we can find no answers from books up to now. So if one does not try to learn something beyond books, it will be difficult for one to cope with some practical problems.
We should develop our ability through practice and observing the world. It is not practical to rely on books only.
1.C 2.B 3.B 4,C
Comprehension of the Test
1.D 2.B 3.C 4.B 5.D 6.C 7.D 8.A
1.scope 2.integrate 3.regarding 4.guarantee 5.disabled 6.undertake 7.excluded 8.deserves 9.rarely 10.relevant
1. He is a man who prefers action to words.
2. The child was told time and time again not to go near the railway but he didn't seem to listen.
3. John studied hard before the examination and it paid off. He made an A.
4. In the meantime, focus your attention on something that you're really interested in and never quit.
5. With reference to the school uniform policy, there were various thoughts and feelings among students.
6. Would you please look at my paper and give your suggestions about it?
7. I felt obliged to go over there to say sorry to him as I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
8. It only took about 30 minutes before the high school was filled up with the survivors of the disaster.
9. He slipped and broke his leg. As a result, he will have to be away from school for two or three months.
10. This newly invented device will help those people who tend to get themselves injured.