阳光网【大学英语答案】 编辑：admin 发布时间：2017-04-05
新视野大学英语(第3版)第一册Unit 1答案【Section A】
I Comprehension of The Text
1. The attitude is that if one is not moving ahead he is falling behind.
2. Time is treated as if it were something almost real. (People budget it, waste it, steal it, kill it, cut it, account for it; they also charge for it.) They do this because time is a precious resource.
3. Everyone is in a rush —often under pressure. City people always appear to be hurrying to get where they are going, restlessly seeking attention in a store or elbowing others as they try to complete their shopping.
4. Don’t take it personally. This is because people value time highly and they resent someone else “wasting”it beyond a certain appropriate point.
5. New arrivals in America will miss opening exchanges, the ritual interaction that goes with a cup of coffee or tea and leisurely chats.
6. Americans produce a steady flow of labor-saving devices. They communicate rapidly through faxes, phone calls or emails rather than through personal contacts.
7. The impersonality of electronic communication has little or no relation to the significance of the matter at hand.
8. It is taken as a sign of skillfulness or being competent to solve a problem or fulfill a job with speed in the U.S.
1. charge 2. convention 3. efficient 4. obtain 5. competent 6. assessing 7. fulfill 8. conducting consequently 10. significance
1.behind 2. at 3. in 4. out 5. to 6.to 7. in 8. with 9. but 10.for
1. L 2. C 3. D 4. N 5. O 6.A 7.E 8.G 9.I 10.K
1. commitment 2. attraction 3. appointment 4. impression
5. civilization 6. composition 7. confusion 8. congratulation
9. consideration 10. explanation 11. acquisition 12. depression
desirable favorable considerable acceptable
drinkable advisable remarkable preferable
1. advisable 2. desirable 3. favorable 4. considerable 5. remarkable 6. preferable 7. drinkable 8. acceptable
1. much less can he write English articles
2. much less can he manage a big company
3. much less could he carry it upstairs
4. much less have I spoken to him
5. much less to read a lot outside of it
1. Having meals at home can cost as little as two or three dollars, whereas eating out at a restaurant is always more expensive.
2. We thought she was rather proud, whereas in fact she was just very shy.
3. We have never done anything for them, whereas they have done so much for us.
4. Natalie prefers to stay for another week, whereas her husband prefers to leave immediately.
5. Some praise him highly, whereas others put him down severely
1. She wouldn’t take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner.
2. He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling the truth.
3. How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week?
4. The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy.
5. Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency.
6. We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on.
1. C 2.B 3.B 4.A 5.D 6.B 7.C 8.D 9.A 10.C
11.D 12.C 13.C 14.B 15.A
A larger and larger part of society is expressing its concern about environmental protection. Active in their concern, teachers and students hold specific meetings to discuss environmental protection. Also, city planners take environmental problems into serious consideration. And, though reducing pollution can be expensive, factories often take every possible measure to do their part. Many people are concerned and active because air and water pollution affects everyone and makes it difficult for cities to survive and businesses to make a profit.
新视野大学英语(第3版)第一册Unit 1答案【Section B】
Comprehension of the Text
1. D 2.A 3.C 4.D 5.A 6.C 7.B 8.B
1. utilize 2. reject 3. considerable 4. temporary 5. acceptable
6. recognition 7. alleviate 8. appreciate 9. furthermore 10. interact
1. interact with 2. gone through 3. deal with 4. recovered from
5. adjusting to 6. familiar to 7. In spite of 8. were tired of
9. prevented from 10. came to