新视野大学英语(第3版)第三册 Unit 1课后答案：
1 beneath 2 disguised 3 whistles 4 restrain 5 grasp 6 longing 7 praying
8 faithful 9 pledge 10 drain
1 tell …on you 2 track down 3 work it out 4 picking on me 5 reckoned with
6 call on 7 on his own 8 get through 9 in disguise 10 revolves around
G O D I K L B F A N
1 advise 2 level 3 problems 4 necessity 5 skills 6 experience 7 solution
8 value 9 tool 10 manner
1 air-conditioned(装空调的;有冷气的) 2 handmade(手工制作的)3 thunderstruck(非常吃惊的)4 heartfelt(衷心的;诚挚的)5 data-based(基于数据的)6 self-employed(自主经营的)7 custom-built(定制的;定做的)8 weather-beaten(饱经风霜的)
1. well-informed(对……非常熟悉的)2 new-found(新获得的)3 hard-earned(辛苦挣得的)4 soft-spoken(说话温柔的)5 newly-married(新婚的)6 widely-held(普遍认为的)7 well-meant(出于好意的)8 well-educated(受过良好教育的)
1 no matter how different it may seem form any other substance
2 no matter what a woman tries to do to improve her situation
3 no matter what excuse he gives
4 no matter what anyone else may think
5 no matter how they rewrite history
1 just as we gained fame in victory, we lost nothing in defeat
2 just as the head teacher plays a significant role in the school, Jane plays a significant role f leader in the classroom.
3 whoever was out there obviously couldn’t see him just as he couldn’t see them.
4 she has been searching all her life for the perfect chocolate just as I have been searching for the perfect beer.
5 you can make those kinds of comparisons just as you were doing the analyses a minute ago.
1. No matter how experienced a speaker you are, and how well you have prepared your speech, you will have difficulty making a speech at such a noisy reception.
2. Just as all his sister’s friends cared about him, Jimmy cared about them.
3. Car manufacturers stamp a vehicle identification number at several places on new cars to help track down stolen vehicles.
4. If you dare tell on me when the teacher gets back I won’t say a word to you any more.
5. Some elderly people prefer to live on their own while the great majority choose to live with their children.
6. Here is something that needs to be reckoned with: how to get the necessary finances to establish the company.
1 B 2 A 3 C 4 A 5 D 6 A 7 D 8 D 9 C 10 B 11 B 12 B 13 A 14 C 15 D
16 C17 A 18 C 19 D 20 A