新视野大学英语(第3版)第三册 Unit 2课后答案：
1 moderate 2 consume 3 advisable 4 modified 5 evidence 6 restricted 7 calculate
8 remedy 9 impact 10 sufficient
1 bounce back 2 summed up 3 Up to 4 at risk 5 went to zero
6 goes up 7 interfere with 8 derived from 9 In general 10 take in
G K O N J A C D F I
1 cost 2 pollution 3 potential 4 quality 5 chance 6 crime
7 interest 8 efficiency 9 strength 10 creativity
1 appearance 2 utterance 3 attendance 4 hindrance 5 maintenance
6 resistance 7 performance 8 existence 9. occurrence 10. acceptance
1. world-famous 2 ice-cold 3 snow-white 4 waterproof 5 waist-deep 6 carefree
1 Mr. Howe, my favorite professor, has received a Distinguished Teacher Award.
2 Yesterday I went fishing, something I hadn’t done in years.
3 Some women are normally inactive but then all of a sudden start a program of intense exercise, an action that breaks the laws of sports science.
4 Even a brief visit to Greece, a modern country with ancient civilization, gives you a deep sense of its culture.
5 The ancient Chinese, a people of inventors, discoverers, philosophers, soldiers, poets, craftsmen, gave the world many of its most useful things.
1 His homework done, his composition written, Larry decided to go and see the film.
2 The manager sat quietly in the office, (his) eyes closed, waiting for the telephone to ring.
3 The room was a mess, empty bottles and beer cans (being) everywhere.
4 When I walked in, Grandpa was sitting at the kitchen table, the newspaper spread before him.
5 Diana stood motionless at the end of the diving board, tears streaming down her cheeks.
1. The defendant, a woman of only 30, kept insisting on her own innocence.
2. All tings considered, dates, beans and some leafy green vegetables are the best sources of iron.
3. No beverages are served with meals because they interfere with digestion.
4. Taking the popularity of the region into consideration, it is advisable to book hotels in advance.
5. If you have a feeling of wanting to throw up after taking this drug, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctors as soon as possible.
6. Summing up the discussion, he said both parties should consider the most effective way to solve the problem.
1 D 2 C 3 C 4 A 5 D 6 A 7 B 8 D 9 C 10 B 11 A 12 B 13 D 14 A 15 D
16 A17 D 18 C 19 C 20 A