☛新视野大学英语(第3版)第四册 Unit 1课后答案：
新视野大学英语(第3版)第三册Unit 1答案【Section A】
The Temptation of a Respectable Woman
Ex. II, p. 8
1.Her husband expected his friend, Gouvernail, to stay about one or two
weeks in their home.
2.He was a boring and withdrawn person with a strange personality.
3.She decided to leave for her aunt’s house and wouldn’t come back till
Gouvernail left their home.
4.A once ambitious person, Gouvernail now became one with the mere desire to
enjoy a genuine life now and then.
5.His tones of voice and personal charm.
6.She was afraid that she could not resist being attracted by Gouvernail.
7.He mistook his wife’s feeling towards Gouvernail for pure dislike.
8.She had overcome both her misunderstanding of and her subtle feelings
Ex. III, p. 8
Ex. IV, p. 9
4.in no sense
5.made excellent observations on
7.for my part
8.make a fuss
Ex. V, p. 9
Ex. VI, p. 10
Ex. VII, p. 10
Ex. VIII, p. 11
1. She said it might have been all right, if the weather had been good.
2. Mrs. Baroda said she might have liked Gouvernail if he had been like
3. If I had been there, I could have helped you.
4. He could have got tickets if there had been some cheap ones.
5. Mrs. Baroda might have yielded to the temptation if she hadn’t been a
respectable and sensible person.
Ex. IX, p. 11
1. “You were different then.” “So was she.”
2. “You used to say he was a man of wit.”
“So he is.”
3. “You’ve made a mistake here.”
“Oh, so I have. Thank you.”
4. “Children should behave themselves.”
“So should adults.”
5. “This glass is cracked.”
“Oh, so it is. I hadn’t noticed.”
Ex. X, p. 12
1. He imposed his company upon her in spite of her repeated hints of
hoping to be left alone.
2. His friends can never count upon how he is going to act under given
conditions, as he is always full of surprises.
3. Don’t make a fuss about such a small thing because that is the last
thing I expected.
4. Besides being an upright and respectable woman Mrs. Baroda was also a
very sensible one.
5. She had never known her thoughts to be so confused, unable to gather
anything from them.
6. From Gouvernail’s talk, Mrs. Baroda came to know that his periods of
silence were not his basic nature, but the result of moods.
7. To Gaston’s delight, his wife had finally overcome her dislike for
Gouvernail and invited Gouvernail to visit them again wholly from herself.
8. Mrs. Baroda felt confused with Gouvernail’s puzzling nature and found
it hard to penetrate the silence in which he had unconsciously covered himself.
Ex. XI, p. 12
新视野大学英语(第3版)第三册Unit 1答案【Section B】
The Obligations and Responsibilities to Marriage
XVI. Choose the best answer to each of the following questions
1. B 2. C 3. B 4. B 5. B6. B7. C 8. B
《读写教程IV》Ex. XVII, p. 24
Ex. XVIII, p. 24
1. in; in 2. in/by 3 to 4. on 5.at 6. behind 7. to 8. from